This week, the International Project Management Institute will be holding their Project Management Week here in Phoenix, Arizona to give the community opportunities to sit, learn, and network with some extremely influential project managers in and around the area. The week will take place from Monday, October 29 through Saturday, November 3 with many different opportunities to join the Institute in some of their award winning programs and events.
- Monday, October 29, the PMI will host the “Preparing an Agile Program” at 3131 E Camelback which will guest speaker Derick Brownell, Director, PMO and ADP Compliance and Payment Services, Owner, DMJD Management Consulting, at this very interactive luncheon on how to better equip an agile business and management project structure.
- Tuesday, October 30, will be the 7th Annual International Software Measurement Analysis Conference at the Phoenix Convention Center from 8:00am to 5:00pm where you will be able to speak with many different sponsoring organizations emphasizing the contribution of measurement to developing businesses, technology and careers within the software industry.
- Wednesday, October 31, the PMI will host a number of presentations at local Universities.
- Thursday, November 1 @ Thunderbird will be sponsoring the Evening Program here in our very own AT&T building from 5:30pm to 8:00pm where Professors Dr. Bill Youngdahl, Karen Brown, as well as Dave Campbell, Campbell Management Consulting, will be covering best practices and experiences in both Global and Multi-industry aspects of Project Management.
- Friday, November 2, will be the PMI Breakfast program from 7:00am to 8:00am at Denny’s (I-17 & Bell) where they will present on the pulse in the Phoenix area for Project Management jobs as well as who is hiring and how best to keep a competitive advantage in the industry. You won’t want to miss this!
- Saturday, November 3, the week will culminate in the PMIEF Golf Tournament Fundraiser at 2:00pm at the Continental Golf Course. Come out and play 9 holes for a great cause–Project Management!
All of these events around Phoenix will be worth PMI PDU points (save for the golf tournament) and registration is going quick! Follow the link to view the calendar of events and register (http://www.phx-pmi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=834:az-pm-week-2012-schedule-of-events&catid=175:2012-az-pm-week&Itemid=277). Our very own Thunderbird Project Management club is sponsoring the Thursday event and it is FREE to students. Please make sure and sign up today. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the club’s Marketing & Communications Chair, Vignesh Subramaniam.