Have you heard of something called the “Thunderbird Mystique?” I was so moved by the school’s YouTube videos (such as this: http://youtu.be/NrrQCWWV-00).
And you will too, especially tomorrow night as we celebrate Diwali and Saturday, when over a hundred of us will volunteer for Thundercares and, later, celebrate the Europe, Africa, Middle East regional night!
TSG CHAIR APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:00 p.m
Email: Torrey Mann @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for TSG Chair positions for the spring 2012 trimester are now available on the TSG MTB Page (under Elections), in the TSG Building, and attached to this weekly update.
Please consider bringing your enthusiasm, knowledge, and talent to TSG.
Applications are due . If you are off campus on an internship/overseas program, etc., e-mail the application, along with a copy of your resume. Torrey Mann will obtain the required signatures.
Messages from the Vice President
– Presidential candidates’ essays, position statement and the video for the debate can be found on the TSG MTB page
Voting for TSG Presidential Elections
Starts: November 19th at 10:00am
Ends: November 26th at 12:00pm
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Time: 1:10 – 2:30p.m.
Location: Tower Lawn
During our TSG Board meeting (Friday, LH53 @1), Randy Wallace (Head of T-bird Security) and Sean Murphy (Honor Council) will address some security concerns and relay best practices for T-birds to use on campus and in everyday life.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Lock your doors and windows when not at home
- Know your neighbor because you have to watch out for each other (off campus residences primarily)
- Report suspicious people or vehicles to security or the Police if off campus
- On vehicles, we document license plates to give to the Police if needed
- Lock your vehicles always
- Do not leave personal items in your car in plain view
- When getting in your vehicle lock the doors first and then start the car
- People get comfortable within a mile of their residence because it is their comfort zone
- You need to be alert until in the residence and secured
- Remember bad guys are opportunists and they try to blend into places with a lot of people
- STAY ALERT!!!!!
Date: Saturday, November 17, 2012
Host: TSG (Josephine Chiang and Brittany Baria)
Thanks to those of you who signed up through the survey. Your team lead should have emailed you by now with info about your project. If you haven’t received any notification, please contact Josephine at email@example.com.
GBSN MBA Challenge
Can an MBA change the world? The annual Global Business School Network video contest isn’t for several months, but students can start planning now on their submission. The contest allows MBA students to show how they’re applying their business school education to make a difference in the developing world.
In 2011, a group of Tbirds had won first place and were able to attend the GBSN conference in Mexico City! Here is a link to see this past year’s videos: http://www.gbsnonline.org/?page=videos_mbachallenge
Subscribe to Us
Follow us on https://twitter.com/TBirdStudentGov
Like us on FB.com/TbirdStudentGov
Madi’s Mailers will provide a weekly update on what’s happened, happening, and will happen on the Thunderbird campus as they relate to students. TSG would love to know how we could better serve you. So feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.