By Jeffrey Abbott
Startup Weekend will be taking place this Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM to Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM. This event is on campus and is a weekend where you team up and build a business in a weekend. The cost is $75 and we are looking forward to seeing tons of Thunderbirds in full force. The folks at Startup Weekend headquarters have assured me that the commitment of sponsors, the degree of community support, and the quality of prizes we have lined up are among the best they’ve ever seen. Prizes include:
- 3 teams will go to Tallwave Labs 3 month venture acceleration program. Valued at $3000/ team
- 1 team will go to ASU Venture Catalyst, with 6 months free workspace and access to courses and mentorship, valued at $16,500
- 1 team will go to AZ Techcelerator in Surprise with 6 months free workspace and dedicated mentorship
- 3 teams will gain admission to the Lean Launchpad course at ASU Venture Catalyst, valued at $4500 per team
- Numerous additional prizes and possible cash awards
This is you chance to network with the top investor groups in Arizona, including TAN, Desert Angels, and ATIF and in some cases the guarantee of an opportunity to pitch to them.