I hope you have had a good week. It’s great fun to see Facebook posts from our students on their module abroad in Prague – I know they are working very hard, but it sounds like they are finding time for a bit of ThunderFun, too! It’s also great to hear and read stories about T-birds having a positive impact in various parts of the world (the way T-birds do). Please take a moment to read this FT article about the efforts of MBA students from top programs – including four wonderful T-birds:http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/
Here is what you’ll find in this week’s update:
1. TSG Elections for fall 2014 President and Vice President
TSG elections for President and Vice President of Fall 2014 are coming! If you are interested in being a part of the executive leadership of your Thunderbird Student Government, please keep the following dates in mind:
· Tuesday, July 22 – Information Session (Mandatory): The candidate’s informational session will be held in Snell 23 from1:10-2:30 p.m.
Note: This is a mandatory meeting. Primary election registration material will be available at the meeting, and applications will be available after 3:00 p.m. in the TSG Building.
Note: All full-time programs Thunderbird students may run for office. Applicants currently out of Arizona for the trimester or module must send a delegate/proxy on their behalf to participate in all events.
· Monday, July 28th – Application Deadline: President and Vice-President application and related materials must be in the TSG Building by 1:00 p.m.
Note: Application materials may be turned in earlier.
Note: Campaigning may begin as soon as the official application materials Form of Understanding, Application, and Position Statement/Essay are submitted.
· Tuesday, July 29th – Voting Begins at 5:00PM
· Monday, August 4th – Voting ends at 8:00 a.m. Notification of the new president and VP will be posted on the All Current Students discussion board and TSG’s Facebook Page.
2. FALL 2014 REGISTRATION begins Monday, July 21 and continues until Sunday, July 27 (10:30pm AZ time). You will receive an e-mail from the Registrar’s Office letting you know your assigned registration day and time with further instructions. Look for this email the afternoon of Friday, July 11. Assigned registration day and time schedule is also available on the Registrar’s page on MTB (Registration FAQs). Please note that you will not be able to submit your registration prior to your scheduled day and time.
3. TSG Camera Available for Students
The TSG is facilitating a Nikon Coolpix P600 for students to take photos or videos of their club events. The camera is a Point-and-Shoot with 16.1 MP. If you are interested in checking out the camera, please fill the CAMERA REQUEST FORM and bring it to Torrey Mann at the TSG building between 1:00pm-5:00pm on weekdays. We hope this tool will help you.
4. Your Success is my Success Initiative
TSG is looking for volunteers that would like to participate in a marketing initiative to promote the inclusiveness and success of our Thunderbird culture. We are looking for students, staff, faculty, and alumni to participate. Volunteers will have to be available for half an hour for a photo session and to sign a release form. Food and beverage will be provided. If you are interested, please fill out the following form:
(The link wasn’t working properly when this was mentioned last week so here it is again)
5. New Wi-Fi Network
I&IT has rolled out a new Wi-Fi network that is fully secured using the latest WPA2 technologies. The Wi-Fi network is called “Thunderbird-Secure” and will replace the current “Thunderbird-Web-Login” wireless network. The new Wi-Fi network is available in all areas around campus.
Logging in: To access, connect to “Thunderbird-Secure” and log in with your MTB ID and password. Your laptop, table top, and smart phone will remember the settings, and you should not be asked again for your account information.
If you still have older wireless devices or laptops using wireless-abg, please upgrade these to newer Wireless-N or Wireless-AC devices. The old devices slow down the wireless in the areas they are used. In the fall, the Thunderbird wireless network will no longer allow those devices to connect, and will require Wireless-N or better. Start using “Thunderbird-Secure” Wi-Fi now, for a more secure wireless experience.
For more information click here.
6. To all Colleague and Access Thunderbird Users:
The Ellucian/Datatel Colleague system will be unavailable on Saturday July 12 while for software updates. During this time, Access Thunderbird will be unavailable for faculty and students.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
7. This week’s featured Your Success is My Success story – T-bird wins scholarship from NSHMBA!
Congratulations to Dahida Vega! She was selected to receive a scholarship from the National Society of Hispanic MBAs to attend the national career fair in September in Philadelphia. In addition to conference registration, she’ll also receive 2 night stay and air travel. Way to go, Dahida!