I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and are enjoying the long holiday weekend. (I’m hoping those of you who enjoyed Thanksgiving with a Thunderfamily might send me some pictures!)
Here is what you’ll find in this week’s update:
1. Results of fundraiser for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan: The fundraising efforts for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan have officially closed, and the outcome was excellent. A special thank you to the highly efficient leaders of The Thunderbird Student Government (TSG). Our entire community is thankful for your help and support. Here is a breakdown of the collection results: Total of drive $973.91. Total as matched by TSG $1,947.82. Final total as will be matched by J&J $3,895.64. Once again, the Thunderbird community comes through! Well done!
2. Alumni Relations Open House, December 10th: Alumni Relations will be hosting an open house with punch and cookies on Tuesday Dec. 10th from 1:30-3:30. We want to invite all of our students to visit our new location (Founders Hall NW corner of campus)!! This will be for students and all staff/faculty who want to stop by and see our new digs.
3. IT&T and Facilities Garage Sale: I&IT and Facilities are working together to put on a garage sale. Items included will be computer equipment, A/V equipment and furniture items. The sale will be open to the Thunderbird Community ONLY on Dec. 3rd, 8 am – 2 pm and open to the public Dec 4th, 8 am – 2 pm. All items are as is and are first come, first served. No advance orders will be taken. Please note we will be limiting PCs, Laptops, Monitors or TVs to one per person so that everybody has an opportunity to benefit from the sale. The sale will take place in the TEC. Cash only, will be accepted.
4. Company Recruiting Sessions:
Endeavor Global, Dec. 4, 11:30-12:30 PM
Endeavor is all about “high impact entrepreneurship,” and seeks top talent for internships and short-term direct assignments with global entrepreneurs/high-growth companies. RSVP via GlobalConnect/Events/InfoSessions for this Thunderbird only virtual presentation (pizza provided). Returned intern Karl Weinhold will also contribute.
Dalberg Global Development Advisors, Dec. 5, 1:15-2:15 PM
Dalberg is the top strategy consultancy in the global development sphere, and is seeking interns for its 2014 Summer Associate class. RSVP via GlobalConnect/Events/InfoSessions for this Thunderbird only virtual presentation.
5. Career Search Update Survey: The Career Search Update survey is an important tool that provides the CMC with invaluable information about how we can best tailor our support and career services. Career Search Update #2 is now open and must be completed by December 6. A link to the survey can be found in the upper right corner of your TLE home page. To take the survey, follow these simple instructions:
1. Log in to learning.thunderbird.edu using your student ID and password
2. Click on the Career Search Updates tab (top right corner)
3. Click “Enroll me” – if you have not enrolled yourself already
4. Scroll down to the bottom and click “Career Search Update #2 (Oct. 28 — Dec. 6, 2013)”. Submit the form with your information. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey and help us provide the best possible services and support to you and your classmates. Click here to check out the results of the Career Search Update #1
6. Upcoming Information Session on Clinton Global Initiative University Campus Representative Position: Thunderbird for Good and the Thunderbird Student Government are hosting an information session on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 1:15 -2:15 in Nelson Lecture Hall 54 about the Clinton Global Initiative University Campus Representative position. The next Clinton Global Initiative University event will be held at Arizona State University from March 21 to March 23, 2014. The meeting will bring together nearly 1,200 attendees to make a difference in CGI U’s five focus areas: Education, Environment and Climate Change, Peace and Human Rights, Poverty Alleviation, and Public Health. Thunderbird’s campus representative will be responsible for generating student interest in the CGI U and assisting students in developing Commitments to Action. For more information, please see: http://www.cgiu.org/public/2013/pdf/CGI_U_Campus_Representative_Guide.pdf
7. First Friday Feedback Session, December 6th, 11:30 to 12:45: We are re-instituting First Friday Feedback sessions. These one-hour sessions are an opportunity for students to meet with administrators, program directors and faculty to provide input on their student experience, share ideas, and keep the lines of communication open. A box lunch will be served. (I know that some of you are likely to be late – please go ahead and RSVP and come as soon as you can.) The upcoming First Friday Feedback session will be held on December 6th at 11:30 in the Honor Council Rooms (first floor of Herberger) and will end at 12:45. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to Michelle Olesen no later than Monday, December 2nd (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can order the right number of box lunches. Please let her know if you have any dietary restrictions. We hope to see you there!
Enjoy your weekend!